Thursday, October 30, 2008

Blogging is so hard for me.  I have lots of things on my mind, but I cannot think of anything excellent to say when I sit down to the dashboard.  I feel like a cello.  There is deep rich tone, but when I draw my bow across the strings, all I get is irregular screechy tones.
Oh well, I'm taking the day off tomorrow to go hunting with my Thompson Center Omega muzzel loader.  Wake up at 4:00, dress and drive 70 miles to the lease.  load my weapon, jump on the 4-wheeler and ride into the woods, set down in my ground blind around 6:15, set till 6:45 in the dark, then set some more, at least till about 11:00, go eat lunch, then back in the woods, walk around till about 4:30, then set down till dark, walk out, ride back to the truck, drive home and shower about 9:00 pm.  Sounds fun?  What if I see the monster buck of the woods, shoot him, track him down, field dress him, load him on the 4-wheeler after a photo or two, and then head home.  More fun?  
OK, my cousin Robert Bruce lost his 15 year old son today.  Joseph was bike riding with his brothers Samuel and Joel, turned left in front of a speeding car and was killed.  I want to go out there to be with the family.  They live in North Carolina.  I haven't seen him since the twins were crawling.  

1 comment:

  1. 15 - that's so unbelievable. It's really hard for me to imagine. Hunting sounds awful, the by-myself part of it sounds pretty good though :)

    ReplyDelete