Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Can't Sleep

Crazy day, went to work at 5:00 and got sleepy, so I took a 1 hour nap. My first inspection was north of Skiatook and I almost fell asleep driving on Highway 75. I did fall asleep driving back to Tulsa! (not really). I got to my 1:00 inspection early, so I was done by 1:00, and had nearly an hour and a half to kill before my 2:30, so I parked at Drysdales parking lot and took another nap, about 45 minutes. I finished up in Owasso, got home about 5:20 so I laid down on the couch and dozed off for at least 30 minutes. After supper, Alyson came over and I walked and talked to Adelle, cause she was cranky. She finally fell asleep. I watched a little TV till 10:45, went to bed, but cannot fall asleep. My head just keeps buzzing with stuff. Like rapid day dreams, not calm night dreams. I try to slow them down, but the thoughts just come and change even faster. Fishing, gardening, landscaping, camping, 4-wheeling, hunting, gardening, landscaping, swimming, landscaping, fishing, boating, running, running, running. I really run fast and long in my dreams. I'm thinking I need to pass on the day time naps, but I get lethargic, with my head nodding and my eyes burning. I think my blood sugar or metabolism or something is just slightly out of whack.

I thought typing a blog would make me sleepy, but here it is 11:30 and I feel more like eating than sleeping. Discipline!!! I may not be able to make myself go to sleep, but I can make myself not fix a bowl of ice cream at midnight.

I'd read my Kindle, but it is gone forever. I have some books, but ... I'd rather read a fishing magazine. I should read my Bible. Maybe do a study in Ephesians or Philippians.

I've been listening to old John Wayne movies in my truck while driving from inspection to inspection. It's weird, because there is more crazy sound effects in those old movies than there is dialect. They always have to have 2 or three songs, where some dude plays the guitar and serenades the cows, or a bunch of cowhands sit around the campfire at night singing in 4 part harmony. In one, there is a high pitched black girl who works around the ranch house, and she breaks out in song. The sound effects are horrible too. You have to remember, though, they just started adding sound to the films when these were made. One guy says, "We have to stop them, Tom, they are headed for the falls" then, suddenly you hear the roar of the falls, then silence except for the sound of the oars in the water, then the roar of the falls again, then silence and a little more dialect, then the roar of the falls again. I hope they didn't go over, but since I'm driving, I never know. the movie does not show up on my screen unless I'm in park. Anyway, I'm on like my 5th John Wayne movie. I don't know how many there are. the box has 5 discs and I'm only on Disc 2. I intended on watching a little of the movie when I pulled into Drysdales parking lot, but the movie couldn't hold my attention and I drifted off.

Today my Adobe 9 Standard program messed up. I could not convert my reports and invoices to PDF, so I couldn't send them out. I tried everything, and finally just uninstalled the program and downloaded it again. The website wouldn't offer me my previous download, tried to make me buy a new one for $449. I clicked on the little "chat with a technician" button and Chris came on and helped me. I was able to upgrade to Adobe 9 Pro and get LifeCycle Design, all for $159. I got it downloaded between my 2:30 and 4:00, but don't know if it will be working when

I get in the office tomorrow or not. I will be taking Vicki in for her 5 decade colon inspection in the morning. She can't drive after the procedure, so I will bring her home and get her cozy. I had it done a few months ago, and it was really no big deal. I slept most of the day after the procedure, but what else is new. I do that almost every day here lately. I am going to try to get a little cardio in in the morning before we have to leave. I won't have time to do my regular workout, but I forgot to let them know at the gym, so somebody will be there at 5:15 to put me through the paces. I guess I'll ride my bike over there, tell them I can't stay, cause I have to leave the house at 6:00 to take Vick in, and then ride back home, take a shower and head to the hospital. I won't be getting my inspection reports done again. They will start to back-up on me and then I'll be stuck, doing an all evening in front of the computer.

Well, I've already blogged about 10 times the volume I intended to write, so I'll call it quits for now. Sleep tight y'all.

3 comments:

  1. What happened to your Kindle?
    Do you eat that much sugar?
    Don't you drink coffee all day? Don't drink it past 2pm. If I drink wine in the evening it makes me wide awake at 1am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not drink coffee all day long. I usually pour me a cup in the morning and sip it through the morning. I don't eat any sugar. but I might start sucking on some hard candy when I get bonked. i left my kindle on the airplane when Zac and I went to Mexico.

    ReplyDelete