Monday, February 23, 2009

Travels in February

Just got back from a traveling week-end to St. Charles where Vick, Ange, and I got to spend a little time and a lot of money with Shannon and Tyler Wheeler ... a cute young couple we know from that area.  First time we've seen them since the wedding.  We went to Ruth's Chris for dinner Saturday night.  It is amazing when your meal costs more than the air fare for three to St. Louis and back.  You can rent a small SUV for three days for half the price of your meal.  But 'WOW' is an understatement.  The only steak I have ever eaten that compared was a steak I got at another Ruth's Chris.  And the steak I ate was a steak Shannon ordered but did not eat because it was a bit overcooked.  She actually got another portion cooked to perfection.  What's crazy about the week-end is I ate healthy ... grouper, tilapia, mahi mahi ... oatmeal for breakfast, and ran on the treadmill saturday and sunday mornings.  But when we got home, I jumped on the scales and had gained 6 pounds since Friday morning.  I think I must have dieter's amnesia, forgetting the 4 pieces of sausage and the biscuits and gravy, and the waffle with syrup.  I did work up a pretty good sweat on the treadmill though.  

Vicki and I are leaving in the morning for a little drive to Winter Park Colorado (12 hours).  Warren and Nina Lehr are going with us.  Warren and I are going to ski for 3 days, while Vick and Nina do other stuff.  I'm excited.  The only problem though is that Nina said, 'Finally, Warren is going to ski with someone who can keep up with him.'  That is a little scary, because Warren is like in better shape than Lance Armstrong.  I'm packing two knee braces and a large bottle of Alieve.  I should knock off the 6 pounds and another 6 on top of that.  

1 comment:

  1. the song isn't about you, dad.

    i'm excited for your trip. thanks for all the food and clothes and stuff. don't hurt yourself skiing. I love you.

    ReplyDelete