Monday, February 16, 2009

Reading (listening to) The Edgar Sawtelle Story ... 566 pages if you actually read the book.  Like 23 hours of audio.  A mute boy and his dogs ... his Sawtelle dogs (like a special breed his grandfather made).  Anyway, murder, ghosts, psychics, and dogs.  lots and lots of dog stuff, training, comunication, devotion, and who knows what the last 8 hours have to hold my attention.  It is a book that I can't wait to find out what happens next, but I don't want it to end.  If you have a year or so to read a book, I suggest you experience The Edgar Sawtelle Story.

I thought that I'd surely heard of the Sawtelle breed, but I wasn't sure, so I googled it, and do my deep disapointment, it is a fictional breed.  I wanted to get me one of those Sawtelle dogs, but there ain't no such thing.  :(

3 comments:

  1. You are very emotionally attached to these Sawtelle dogs. I am emotionally attached to Captain. He is real. :) You can visit Captain any time you are missing your Sawtelle dogs, though I know it is not the same.

    ReplyDelete